Thursday, August 04, 2011

After 4 years

This week finally I had time to read a book and that was " Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom. Has been sitting in the book shelf for the last 4 years. Aphorisms by Morrie are eye openers. I could sense teachings borrowed from some Hindu Scriptures but it could be in other religions and cultures too or may be even from Morrie's own experience.

Nonetheless lessons by Morrie are more practical. The one that is on top of my mind is " When you learn how to die you learn how to live". My another favorite is on the Tension of Opposites " Life is a series of pulls back and forth. You want to do one thing but you are bound to do something else". So simple and common it sounds at first glance, but if you ponder over, you will realize the importance of this statement.

A must read for everyone in my opinion.

So let me see how far I can continue my reading and blogging from now on.


No comments: